Custom Candles Make It Easy, And Affordable to Personalize Your Home
Candle usage started as a necessity. People burned candles in their homes as a way to function inside the home during the nighttime hours. Candles were nothing more than a utility. With the advent of electricity and the light bulb, custom candles evolved as an art form enjoyed by many people around the world today. The use of scented waxes, colors, shapes, sizes, containers, wicks, tapers, votives, pillar candles, tea lights, birthdate candles, etc., have made this simple act of lighting a fire for warmth or illumination something special. Candles also make great gifts for friends and family!
Benefits of using candles
Candles are a wonderful way to add warmth and beauty to any room. They can be used in many ways, from adding ambiance to creating mood lighting for reading or relaxing. Candles come in all shapes, sizes, colors, scents, and styles there are even personalized candles. There’s something about candles that make them so special; they have an aura around them that just cannot be replicated by other forms of decoration.
The aura of peace that candles provide can enhance the experience of meditating. You’re missing out on something amazing if you haven’t tried meditating with candles. Meditation with candles is about looking after the mind, relaxing your body, and exercising peace inwardly and outwardly. Life throws many things at us daily – kids, pets, sports, and hectic jobs. The quiet flickering beauty of a candle can make the din of our hectic lives melt away.
Choosing the right type of candle as a gift
When you look for good custom candles to use in your home or to gift to a special someone in your life, there are several things to keep in mind.
- Is the candle going to have the impact I want it to have?
- Is the candle aesthetically pleasing? You want to give a candle that will harmonize with the décor.
- How long and how well does the scent of the candle last? The home should not be overwhelmed by the fragrance, but you also may not want something so subtle it isn’t noticeable at all. Choose a fragrance that will calm, relax, invigor but not overpower – see more about choosing the right scent below.
- Value for money – is the candle worth the price tag?
- Also be sure to check the ingredients or how the candle is made. Some candles contain lead, mercury, phthalates, formaldehyde, etc. These carcinogens are likely not listed, but may be hidden in the wick, the “fragrance”, or the substance the candle itself is made from.
How to find the perfect scent for you
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a candle scent.
- Where will it be used? In a bedroom, you might want a candle that relaxes and calms, such as a lavender scent, but that might clash with other scents in a kitchen or dining room.
- What is its purpose? Do you want to relax with a scented candle, or do you want to have a fresh, energizing scent while you work?
- What type of fragrance do you like? Some people prefer deep musky scents, while some prefer bright flowery or citrusy scents.
- You could also look into what effect the scent of the candle is supposed to have on someone. Some scents are calming, some promote good sleep or even boost your mood.
- Think twice about strong “perfume” scents since they can cause headaches. Flowery scents are not for everyone – for example, some people don’t enjoy the scent of lavender, even though it is great for relaxing.
- Consider the time of year when you’re gifting a candle – there are spring, summer, fall, and holiday scents that can help direct your choice.
- When in doubt, find out what the most popular scents are. Something like vanilla sugar or a fresh citrus scent may be most universally enjoyed.
After you have chosen the candle essentials, you can choose the outward appearance. Custom candles also include custom candle labels. There are many ways to customize your own candle or to gift.
Whatever your choice may be, know that giving a candle is the perfect gift. Not only are you giving the beauty and peace of a warm flickering flame, but also the enjoyment of the fragrance that matches your surroundings and is a great way to show someone you care. Candles are a great way to add ambiance, warmth, or mood lighting in any room in your home.